To blog again is to live again. It has been a while since my WordPress blog has seen new content. For the past year or so, it has been in a broken state that I had to disable it. Before that, it has been repurposed to a Woocommerce site. Sadly , I have not seen anyone buy anything and I think I have not really taken the time to manage the ecommerce experiment. So, here I am trying to use the blog again this time using this Org2Blog Emacs interface. This is my first post using Org2Blog. I plan to keep at it since I really enjoy working on Emacs.
These are some of the things I learned so far while looking for our house. We’ve only been to our first house showing and we’ve researched for about a month now.
- One can pay Bi-weekly to pay off one’s mortgage early ( 19 years instead of 30) – got this tip from a waitress in a café
- Once you buy a house, your name will be in public records (I learned a lot of things just by going on the county appraisers website)
- A home with pets is not necessarily a minus. One needs to go inside the house to see and smell.
- 30 minute drive may seem like nothing until you try it once on a busy weekday.
- Check for weird angles. eg. sloping backyards or driveways.
- Check the builder.
- Check if there are landfills, dumps,cemetery
- Get your own realtor, not the sellers.
- Talk to friends ,they are a good source of information
- There are houses that are not listed on the internet