I am tinkering with my Vim setup today and I notice that I could not update my plugin directories without going inside the specific directories. I had set all of the plugins as git submodules and I thought I get it but it seems I still don’t fully understand how this works .
From my understanding ,git submodules is suppose to make updating plugins easier by just using one command instead of going to each directory and doing a git pull inside.
I found a solution from stackoverflow though. Doing a
git submodule foreach git clone master and a
git submodule foreach git pull worked. I did not see this on the git wiki though. I wonder if this is a hack job. Still it works for me.