Ten things I learned so far while looking for a house
These are some of the things I learned so far while looking for our house. We’ve only been to our first house showing and we’ve researched for about a month now.
- One can pay Bi-weekly to pay off one’s mortgage early ( 19 years instead of 30) – got this tip from a waitress in a café
- Once you buy a house, your name will be in public records (I learned a lot of things just by going on the county appraisers website)
- A home with pets is not necessarily a minus. One needs to go inside the house to see and smell.
- 30 minute drive may seem like nothing until you try it once on a busy weekday.
- Check for weird angles. eg. sloping backyards or driveways.
- Check the builder.
- Check if there are landfills, dumps,cemetery
- Get your own realtor, not the sellers.
- Talk to friends ,they are a good source of information
- There are houses that are not listed on the internet